If you eat some poisonous mushrooms such as angel wings mushroom or skull hat mushroom, people will damage the liver, kidneys, nervous system, leading to death.
Top poisonous mushrooms in the world
- 1. Fly Agaric (Fly Agaric)
- 2. Mushroom angel wings
- 3. Mushroom Deadly Dapperling
- 4. Mushroom Podostroma Cornu-damae
- 5. Conocybe Filaris
- 6. Mushroom Webcap
- 7. Autumn mushroom cap
- 8. False Morel Mushroom
- 9. The mushroom angel of destruction
- 10. Death hat mushroom
1. Fly Agaric (Fly Agaric)
Photo: H.Krisp / License.
Fly Agaric, scientific name Amanita muscaria , looks like a fairytale mushroom, with a red mushroom cap, white spots. Humans and animals accidentally ingest this fungus will be poisoned and possibly fatal.
The main toxic agents in the scatter fungus are muscimol and ibotenic acid . The above toxins affect the central nervous system, causing irritation, nausea, drowsiness, hallucinations.
2. Mushroom angel wings
Photo: Planet Deadly.
Angel Wing, the scientific name Pleurocybella porrigens , usually grows in the northern hemisphere. There was a time when angel wings mushrooms were considered food, but this changed in 2004, when nearly 60 Japanese people were poisoned from eating them, of which 17 died within 6 weeks. .
Scientists are currently unable to determine all the toxins of the angel wings mushroom. An amino acid in the fungus kills animal brain cells when conducting experiments. It is more likely that the fungus also contains high concentrations of cyanide.
3. Mushroom Deadly Dapperling
Photo: Planet Deadly.
Deadly Dapperling, a member of the Lepiota family, usually grows in pine forests in Europe and North America. This fungus contains amatoxin, a toxin that causes 80-90% of all deaths from mycotoxicosis.
The death rate from ingestion of amatoxin is up to 50% if not treated, and 10% with prompt treatment. Early symptoms included abdominal pain and gastrointestinal disturbances, followed by liver failure leading to death.
4. Mushroom Podostroma Cornu-damae
Photo: Kouchan / License.
Podostroma Cornu-damae is shaped like a human hand. The main toxin in this fungus is trichothecene mycotoxin , a compound that causes unpleasant symptoms and can lead to death after a few days. The poison affects all parts of the body, but mainly the liver, kidneys and brain, depleting blood cells, causing the victim to have facial skin peeled, hair loss like radiation poisoning or leukemia. bridge.
5. Conocybe Filaris
Photo: 414n / License.
Conocybe Filaris usually grows on lawns and is native to the Pacific region, the northwestern United States. This fungus contains amatoxin which is especially dangerous, and if ingested, it will cause serious liver damage and cannot be treated.
6. Mushroom Webcap
Photo: Danny Steven S./License.
Webcap mushroom, Cortinarius rubellus scientific name , is an extremely poisonous fungus, just eating a small amount is enough to cause death. If lucky to escape death, the person infected with a lifelong dialysis or a kidney transplant . Webcap mushrooms contain orellanine, a very powerful toxin so far there is no effective antidote .
7. Autumn mushroom cap
Photo: Lebrac / License.
Autumn Skullcap, Galerina marginata , often grows on dead trees around the world. Like many other poisonous mushrooms, the skull hat mushroom looks like a harmless fungus, causing many people to confuse. The fungus contains amatoxin, which causes permanent liver damage, leading to painful deaths.
8. False Morel Mushroom
Photo: Planet Deadly.
False Morel mushroom, Gyromitra esculenta scientific name, has a shape like human brain. This is one of the fairly popular dishes in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. False Morel mushrooms are quite special. If you eat it raw, you will die. But if properly cooked, this mushroom tastes great.
False Morel mushroom has a strange shape like a brain with many folds. ” Despite the odd shape, but know how to cook and do it right will turn into delicious food,” said Kim McCullough, a chef and owner of Inari restaurant in Finland.
In Finland, to enjoy this poisonous mushroom must undergo a strict processing process to detoxify. The government of this country also stipulates very clearly in the process of handling the poisonous fungus.
After the toxin is removed, only the aroma remains like chestnut and the characteristic aroma of wild mushrooms. And despite all the steps, gyromitrin poison can remain inside and accumulate in the body over time, so experts still recommend that diners should not eat as often.
The poison in the fungus is gyromitrin , when entering the human body, it will transform into monomethylhydrazine (MMH). The aforementioned toxin mainly affects the liver, sometimes affecting the nervous system and kidneys. People infected with poisoning have common symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness, headache. In the worst case, the person who is poisoned will be in a deep coma and die after a week .
9. The mushroom angel of destruction
Photo: Stefan Holm.
Destroying Angels is an extremely poisonous mushroom capable of completely destroying the human body with toxin amatoxin . Initial symptoms after ingestion of the fungus include: cramps, delirium, convulsions, vomiting and diarrhea. Amatoxin causes permanent damage to the kidneys and liver tissue. The only way to save people from poisoning is a liver transplant .
10. Death hat mushroom
Photo: Planet Deadly.
After heavy rains, a species of fungus is exploding across California states in America. They are quite large, pale in color, looking very safe for people to see. In fact, this mushroom tastes quite good when cooked up.
However, that appearance completely obscures the true inner nature, for it is the “death hat” mushroom – or amanita phalloides – one of the most dangerous species of fungus in the world.
Death Cap, scientific name Amanita phalloides , is the culprit in most deaths from accidental eating of mushrooms or intentional poisoning. This fungus is related to the death of Roman emperor Claudius, a Russian pope and czar. The death cap mushroom is native to Europe, often growing underneath oak trees in the woods. It looks like many edible mushrooms, causing confusion.
The poisonous agent of the fungus is α-amanitin (amatoxin), which damages the liver and kidneys to the point of being irreversible. It is estimated that just 30 g of amatoxin (equivalent to half of a mushroom) is enough to kill an adult. The death capsules’ toxicity does not change, even when cooked, dried or frozen.
There is currently no complete cure if unfortunately hit by poison. So, if you happen to see this mushroom, stay away from it before it’s too late.